Stress Analysis of Piping Systems
- Linear and non-liner static analysis
- Dynamic analysis including earthquake and hydraulic shock, and oscillation analysis
- Analysis of underground piping systems
We provide stress analysis for pipelines on the ground and underground.
For analysis and calculation, we use ROHR2, CAESAR II or according to the customer´s individual needs, specific softwares as e.g. PIPESTRESS. Where it is not possible to calculate analysis with using of a wire frame model, we use finite elements method in FEMAP, SCIA, RFEM or additional module ROHR2fesu.
It offers opportunity of a multitude of analysis types – static, dynamic (first-order, second-order theory for linear or non-linear boundary conditions).
Complex analysis consists of:
- strength analysis of pipelines
- calculation of allowable stress of piping systems and associated structures
- nozzle load of associated devices and apparatuses
- pipeline dilatation and piping movements
- optimization for safe operation and cost minimization
- concept of flexible and uniform bearings, compensators, dynamic brakes and silencers if necessary for systems
- fatigue analysis
- flange joints analysis
- optimization of piping systems
- preparation of isometrics and program outputs
- calculation report (also as provable documentation)
We provide analysis for following operational states:
- dead load and overpressure including pressure test and assembly state
- restricted dilatation loads
- wind loads
- earthquake loads
- force excitation loads
- settlement loads
- impact loads
- unsteady flow of fluid
- emergency states – piping system whip etc.
The documentation is also provable for authorization by the Notified Body.
We are aware of our responsibility thus we strive to find the most suitable solution for our customers which will not only guarantee safe system operation, but also significantly lower costs for supply of piping systems greatly exceeding costs for the analysis itself.
Stress analysis of piping systems – codes and standards:
- ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.5, ASME B31.8
- ASME Class 1, ASME Class 2, ASME Class 3
- EN 13480 - 3
- EN 1591
- KTA 3211.2, KTA 3201.2
- BS 7159
- WRC 537 (107)
- WRC 297