Stress Analysis of Piping Systems
- Linear and non-liner static analysis
- Dynamic analysis like earthquake and water hammer and modal analysis
- Analysis of underground piping systems
We provide stress analysis for pipelines above the ground and underground.
For analysis and calculation, we use ROHR2, CAESAR II or according to the customer´s individual needs, specific softwares as e.g. PIPESTRESS. Where it is not possible to calculate analysis with using of a wire frame model, we use finite elements method in FEMAP, SCIA, RFEM or additional module ROHR2fesu.
It offers opportunity of a multitude of analysis types – static, dynamic (first-order, second-order theory for linear or non-linear boundary conditions).
Complex analysis consists of:
- Strength analysis of pipelines
- Calculation of allowable stress of piping systems and associated structures
- Nozzle load of associated devices and equipment
- Thermal expansion and piping deformation, deflection and flexibility of piping
- Concept of expansion joints, dampers, and shock absorber
- Fatigue analysis
- Flange joints analysis
- Optimization of piping systems (Safe operation and cost minimization)
- Preparation of calculation of isometrics and program outputs
- Calculation report (also as provable documentation)
- Nozzle analysis
We provide analysis for following operational cases:
- Primary loads: dead load and overpressure including pressure test and assembly state
- Secondary loads, thermal expansion and restricted dilatation loads
- Wind loads
- Forces and moment like external loads
- Earthquake Loads
- Settlement loads
- Slug loads and water hammer
- Valve reaction forces
- Emergency cases – piping system whip etc.
The documentation is also provable for authorization by the Notified Body.
we are customer-oriented and with full responsibility, we look for the best solution, which ensures a safe system operation and significantly reduces the costs for the pipe delivery, which often exceeds the calculation costs
Stress analysis of piping systems – codes and standards:
- ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.5, ASME B31.8
- ASME Class 1, ASME Class 2, ASME Class 3
- EN 13480 - 3
- EN 1591
- KTA 3211.2, KTA 3201.2
- BS 7159
- WRC 537 (107)
- WRC 297
- RCCM Class1, Class 2, Class 3